JETAA QLD in association with the Consulate-General of Japan and the
Australia Japan Society is holding a photo competition to help promote
Japan, Japanese culture and the JET Programme.
We are hoping it will celebrate the great experiences we had on the programme and to showcase the photographic
talent that our JET alumni have to offer.
Photos will be judged by a panel with 1st prizes to be awarded in the following categories:
Human Japan – characters and people
Cultural Japan – a celebration of its uniqueness
Scenic Japan – landscapes, cityscapes, modern and ancient
Internationalisation – with a focus on the JET Programme
Runners-up will receive a certificate acknowledging their achievement.
Photos will be included in an exhibition at a venue and date to be confirmed. They will also be shown in digital format on the JETAA QLD website and at special events promoting Japan and the JET Programme.
So don’t keep your fantastic shots hidden away in your photo albums or hard drives, bring them out for everyone to see!
How to submit your photos:
Send digital copies in JPEG format (preferred) by 11th October 2011 to one of the following:
email your file to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (single emails should not exceed 5 MB)
post on a CD to:
JETAA QLD Photo Competition
PO Box 1567
Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Print copies of good quality can be posted to the address above.
Note: Do not send original negatives or transparencies.
Submissions must be accompanied by the following details:
• Your full name and contact details
• Whether you were an ALT/CIR/SEA
• What years you participated on the programme
• What prefecture you were based in
• Nominate the respective category for your photo
• A caption describing the photo (context, location, people depicted, etc)
• Optional – please write a short comment (maximum 50 words) reflecting on your experience on the JET Programme (may be used for presentation at exhibitions)
• Entries must be received by 11th October 2011
• Winners will be advised by email or preferred method nominated by entrant
• Photos must have been taken in Japan
• Entrants must be ex-JETS and members of JETAA QLD
• Up to 3 photos may be submitted by an entrant and each photo may only be entered into one category
• Photos must have been taken by the person submitting them
Photographs of children must not have been taken without their knowledge, nor should they have been made to appear in the photographs under duress.
The selection committee reserves the right to exclude any entry not complying with these conditions. The decisions of the selection committee and judging panel are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By submitting an entry, the entrant agrees to the following:
Copyright for original works remains the property of the entrant. The entrant grants JETAA (QLD) Inc. license to use the image(s) freely for public exhibition in electronic and/or hardcopy media formats for the purposes of promoting the JET Programme and/or JETAA (QLD) Inc... Exhibition includes electronic transmission, projection and display, mechanical synchronisation with sound and/or music, as well as display of printed copies.